[Tutorial] How to fix permission and user/group problem on CyberPanel.

edited February 8 in Tutorials

Hi, today I got a case user uploaded files via SFTP , which caused permission and user group problem with PHP

so if files were uploaded by SFTP , or unzipped by SSH command , the files are owned by root:root , which PHP user will have permission issue.

so how do we fix it ?

1. prevent it happen , use file manager to upload and extract , you can use SFTP to upload ,and then use file manager to extract , that way won't have permission issue.

2. if files are already in place , and you want to fix this issue.

run
ls -l /home/your-domain/public_html

to check if the issue is indeed caused by permission and owner.

in this example , files are owned by root , which is a problem.

now find out the right user for them

ls -l /home

as you can see in screenshots , in this example , the site own of "test.cyberpanel.net" is named "testcyb" and in group "testcyb"

so now we can run this command to change the owner

chown -R testcyb:testcyb /home/your-domain/public_html

and remember repeat first step to double check if the owner is successfully changed

Comments

• Another tip: Use su testcyb before unzipping or performing actions using SSH. It'll log you to user's ssh account and file permissions will also be under him!

• @jetchirag said:
    Another tip: Use su testcyb before unzipping or performing actions using SSH. It'll log you to user's ssh account and file permissions will also be under him!

lol , thansk , Linux experts XD

• Will this be fixed in the next updates? I think this is a huge issue

• @ricardofh said:
    Will this be fixed in the next updates? I think this is a huge issue

This issue is addressed, there will be a one-click fix permission in Filemanager, a package will be available to upgrade/download soon.

• Thanks @usmannasir! Will there be a litespeed optimization or something? for being litespeed site load a bit slow (compared to litespeed for cpanel for example)

• Are you referring to control panel side or normal websites on the server?