CyberHosting

Create Backup Doesn't Work After Upgrade to 1.8.7

edited July 16 in Bug Report
Hello,
After i upgraded to version 1.8.7, There was an problem when i try to create backup of my website. Its show complete but there is no backup created.
https://i.vgy.me/uqBHYt.jpg
And i set schedule backup but there is no backup created too. Also when i copy and move file doesnt work.
Thanks.

Comments

• rm -rf /home/domain.com/backup
  • I also had a similar error that still works when I create backup from the cyber admin page, but it doesn't work when using ssh code "cyberpanel createBackup --domainName"
  • @aboyit

There was a bug in backup process, kindly upgrade. It should fix your issue.
  • edited July 17

rm -rf /home/domain.com/backup

I have done it like that. But when I was backing up that happened was loading suddenly stopped after a few seconds and no backups were made, I waited for a while but still no backups were made. When I check the file manager there is also no backup. But when I refresh the create backup page, a completed backup notification will appear.
    https://i.vgy.me/iBuiiy.jpg
  • Can you upgrade again?
  • Can you upgrade again?

It works now. Thanks.
  • Is it there issue with cronjob? Why schedule backup doesnt create any backup? I have 2 server with cyberpanel and both of them like that.
  • Can you manually set up cron job?
  • Getting similar issue when i try to create backup of website. Its show complete but there is no backup created on fresh Cyberpanel install v 1.8.8 with CentOS 7.xx on Google Cloud
  • Same issue here. backup say is create but it do not exist, this is a mayor issue, backups need to be reliable
  • @cloudrider

Does this happen only on GCP or other providers too?

@macuto Who is your provider?
  • @CyberPanel

I have installed the latest Cyberpanel v 1.8.8 on GCP now, never tested the backup function before on my previous installation on providers like digitalocean, scaleway & hetzner so can't comment for them.

Also if anybody can check the Ticket #3S1P0D on support area I can provide more details their including login details to my Cyberpanel installation .
  • Same problem with DigitalOcean Ubuntu 18.

After backup completed, go to restore, the pull down list to select restore is empty.
  • My cyberpanel version is 1.8.8
  • lots of issues in backups
  • edited August 13
    Me too not able to run backup of server from last 1 month. Hope this gets fixed. It's under core feature.
  • just tried 1.8.9, remote backup works but both host and destination need to be 1.8.9.

• I upgraded to latest cyberpanel version 1.8.9 but still backup is not working it shows completed but with no size & backup files, I have installed cyberpanel on GCP can anyone confirm if backup is working on other providers in the latest version 1.8.9 of cyberpanel.
  • I upgraded to latest cyberpanel version 1.8.9 but still backup is not working it shows completed but with no size & backup files, I have installed cyberpanel on GCP can anyone confirm if backup is working on other providers in the latest version 1.8.9 of cyberpanel.

i could try what steps u take and feedback.
  • @cybertech

I updated the panel & than navigated to backup sections in admin --> Back up Website from dropdown --> selected website --> Destination = Home than create Backup

After some second it shows below message

Running backup-gcprapi-09-33-35-Tue-Aug-2019 Making archive of home directory.

After that it shows me below screen check the pic --> https://paste.pics/6DG3I

I didn't added any remote backup destination so can't comment on remote backups.

Thanks.
  • @cybertech

I updated the panel & than navigated to backup sections in admin --> Back up Website from dropdown --> selected website --> Destination = Home than create Backup

After some second it shows below message

I didn't added any remote backup destination so can't comment on remote backups.

Thanks.

mine looks the same, size is 0, but when i navigate to the actual backup folder, its there and complete size.
  • I can also confirm as I checked by navigating to the home/domain/backup the tar.gz file is their but it showing 0 size in the admin panel.

Also on restore backup option is it not showing anything in the dropdown while their is backup file in home directory.

@CyberPanel can you check this with latest version for local backups in cyberpanel installation.
  • If you go here -> https://cyberpanel.net/docs/1-backup-restore/

This says Place your backup files under /home/backup/

In short you need to move generated backup files in /home/backup. CyberPanel will only detect .tar.gz files in /home/backup, not inside childs of /home/backup.

I can't reproduce any of the issue mentioned in this thread, except schedule backups are not working due to cron failure which I am looking into.
  • @CyberPanel

So how to place backup files in home/backup/, as I see currently their are no folder in home directory named backup.

When I visit the create backup option it shows the dropdown of websites --> after selecting a website it shows dropdown destination as home & then a button to create backup.

The directory home/domain/backup is created when I click on create backup button, I do not have option to specify backup location in the process.

On click to create backup button it shows below message:

Do I need to do anything else here.

• @cloudrider

Good your backup is completed. Now to restore

1. mkdir /home/backup
    2. mv /home/domain.com/backup/backupfile.tar.gz /home/backup
    3. Delete this site.
    4. Restore from the CyberPanel interface.
  • edited August 13

schedule backups are not working due to cron failure which I am looking into.

Is this fixed in 1.8.9?

• Luke007 said:

schedule backups are not working due to cron failure which I am looking into.

Is this fixed in 1.8.9?

Yes, i can confirmed this issue fixed.