CyberHosting

[Tutorial] How to setup Wordpress multisite network with cyberpanel/openlitespeed

edited March 2018 in Tutorials

First of all you need to follow the Wordpress guide on how to setup multisite here
https://codex.wordpress.org/Create_A_Network

So the only change we have to make in openlitespeed is just rewrite rule

  1. for sub-folder network , you can use the following rewrite rule:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

RewriteRule ^wp-admin$ wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^/ - [L]
RewriteRule ^/(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $1 [L]
RewriteRule ^/(.*\.php)$ $1 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]
  1. for sub-domain netowkr , you can use the following rewrite rule:
RewriteEngine On
RewriteBase /
RewriteRule ^index\.php$ - [L]

RewriteRule ^([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?wp-admin$ $1wp-admin/ [R=301,L]

RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -f [OR]
RewriteCond %{REQUEST_FILENAME} -d
RewriteRule ^/ - [L]
RewriteRule ^/([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(wp-(content|admin|includes).*) $2 [L]
RewriteRule ^/([_0-9a-zA-Z-]+/)?(.*\.php)$ $2 [L]
RewriteRule . index.php [L]

But please do remember add wildcard domain to your current listener and DNS records

for example,

add *.your-domain , 2 domains should be separated by , (comma in english)

and also in your DNS records,

PS1. Do remember restart openlitespeed once you changed rewrite rule and/or listener setting to make change effective.

PS2. For Permalink, you will need to change to "plain" and then change back to other form you want , if you don't do this step , category page will return 404 , I don't know why and I couldn't figure this out , but it just works that way ...

I have tested as many pages/functions as possible on both sub-domain and sub-folder , please do let me know if you have any issue with it.

«1

Comments

  • i cant useing subdomain ![]
    where is subdomain on mypanel
    (https://forums.cyberpanel.net/uploads/editor/jl/zbu31gprmzyb.jpg "")

  • @sertsidk said:
    i cant useing subdomain ![]
    where is subdomain on mypanel
    (https://forums.cyberpanel.net/uploads/editor/jl/zbu31gprmzyb.jpg "")

    You need to get into webadmin console to add *.domain.com vhost mapping

    https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/87/tutorial-how-to-setup-and-login-to-openlitespeed-webadmin-console#latest

  • edited March 2018

    thank you so much
    i can add *.domain.name now

    But i dont know
    how i do DNS record
    i cant add "*" and "@"

  • @sertsidk said:
    thank you so much
    i can add *.domain.name now

    But i dont know
    how i do DNS record
    i cant add "*" and "@"

    you are using cyberpanel as DNS server , right ?

  • edited March 2018

    @qtwrk said:

    you are using cyberpanel as DNS server , right ?

    yes i m usingcyberpanel for DNS server
    And useing same domain for name server

  • @sertsidk said:

    @qtwrk said:

    you are using cyberpanel as DNS server , right ?

    yes i m usingcyberpanel for DNS server
    And useing same domain for name server

    remove that CNAME record.

    and also make sure you changed your glue record on your domain provider

  • edited March 2018

    @qtwrk said:

    ,

    remove that CNAME record.

    thank you so much

    your detection is correct
    problem is my CHAME record

  • edited March 2018

    i am again :)

    i have a problem on permalink now

    this site is a wordpresMU . And it is not the same site as above. i have 2 wpmu site on my vps. my first site is ok. i have problem on my second wpmu site.

    i m transfered files from hostgator with sftp to my server.
    upload SQL with putty.
    change permision and user grup
    (https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/137/tutorial-how-to-fix-permission-and-user-group-problem-on-cyberpanel)

    i cant find whey,
    because ; first multisite play with permalink. But second multisite not play with permalink.

    first multisite instal with cyberpanel, and fiz file permision and user grub same second site
    second site transfered from hostgator.

    What i can do now?

    excuse me for my bad english

  • fix problem now AND I witnessed a strange situation:

    i changed my .htacces file with filezilla and
    again changed and edit with file manager on cyberpanel but dont fix
    they are useless

    BUT : fix is edit with "Rewrite Rules" on cyberpanel

  • @sertsidk said:
    fix problem now AND I witnessed a strange situation:

    i changed my .htacces file with filezilla and
    again changed and edit with file manager on cyberpanel but dont fix
    they are useless

    BUT : fix is edit with "Rewrite Rules" on cyberpanel

    you need to restart OLS once htaccess is modified

  • @qtwrk said:

    you need to restart OLS once htaccess is modified

    I am learning by your side
    thank you so much

    i have a problem now.
    how i use ssl on my subsite (with wordpressmu)
    my subsites is subdomain or domain on my wpmu

  • @sertsidk said:

    @qtwrk said:

    you need to restart OLS once htaccess is modified

    I am learning by your side
    thank you so much

    i have a problem now.
    how i use ssl on my subsite (with wordpressmu)
    my subsites is subdomain or domain on my wpmu

    is your wordpress network comes with sub-domains ?

    if so , as what i can think of , only 2 ways

    1. manually request and get a Let's Encrypt cert

    2. buy a wildcard domain , and LE does have , but you need to manually to do it as well ...

  • my multisite on my-domain.com
    my sub sites is subs.my-domain.com or other-my-domains.com (i added my-domains on my subsites with mmaping domain plugins)

    that is i add ssl without cyberpanel ?

  • @sertsidk said:
    my multisite on my-domain.com
    my sub sites is subs.my-domain.com or other-my-domains.com (i added my-domains on my subsites with mmaping domain plugins)

    that is i add ssl without cyberpanel ?

    you will need a wildcard SSL

  • @qtwrk said:

    you will need a wildcard SSL

    How i can

    i tested this but could not.

    "
    Obtaining a new certificate
    Performing the following challenges:
    Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.
    Client with the currently selected authenticator does not support any combination of challenges that will satisfy the CA. You may need to use an authenticator plugin that can do challenges over DNS.

    IMPORTANT NOTES:
    - Your account credentials have been saved in your Certbot
    configuration directory at /etc/letsencrypt. You should make a
    secure backup of this folder now. This configuration directory will
    also contain certificates and private keys obtained by Certbot so
    making regular backups of this folder is ideal.
    "

  • :'( I don't know , I think you better try on Let's Encrypt continuity regard this wildcard issue , meanwhile I will check this out

  • @qtwrk said:
    :'( I don't know , I think you better try on Let's Encrypt continuity regard this wildcard issue , meanwhile I will check this out

    thank you.

  • edited April 2018

    i cant do not work email on my multisite ( form or etc ).

  • @sertsidk said:
    i cant do not work email on my multisite ( form or etc ).

    I'm sorry ?

  • excuse me
    my english is more bad. i know a bit simple english :)

    i cant send e-mail with my sites. İ have 2 wordpres multisite on my cyberpanel.
    İ traing send mail with "contact form 7" and " WP Forms" plugins.
    And wordpres dont sent when new site accont

    should i do something on cyberpanel or openlitespeed for email ?

  • @sertsidk said:
    excuse me
    my english is more bad. i know a bit simple english :)

    i cant send e-mail with my sites. İ have 2 wordpres multisite on my cyberpanel.
    İ traing send mail with "contact form 7" and " WP Forms" plugins.
    And wordpres dont sent when new site accont

    should i do something on cyberpanel or openlitespeed for email ?

    hmmmmm , I suppose not , try /var/log/maillog , log file should tell you why failed to sent mail.

  • ohh!
    I really do not know what to do now

    now i really do not know what to do my linux knowledge is worse than english.
    And
    google helps less in this matter

    I will try to it with FileZilla

  • @qtwrk said:

    hmmmmm , I suppose not , try /var/log/maillog , log file should tell you why failed to sent mail.

    there is 6 files:
    ftpuser
    rpc
    cyberpanel
    vmail
    fileusernameisformyfirstsite
    fileusernameisformysecontsite

    and all is empty, (0 Kb)

  • You sure you have postfix running ?

  • no
    i m not sure anything

    How i can check it?

  • systemctl status postfix

    and

    netstat -lnp | grep 25

  • edited April 2018


    [[email protected]~]# systemctl status postfix
    ● postfix.service - Postfix Mail Transport Agent
    Loaded: loaded (/usr/lib/systemd/system/postfix.service; enabled; vendor preset: disabled)
    Active: active (running) since Thu 2018-03-29 19:52:47 UTC; 2 weeks 5 days ago
    Process: 3315 ExecStart=/usr/sbin/postfix start (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 3302 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/postfix/chroot-update (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Process: 3206 ExecStartPre=/usr/libexec/postfix/aliasesdb (code=exited, status=0/SUCCESS)
    Main PID: 3819 (master)
    CGroup: /system.slice/postfix.service
    ├─ 418 anvil -l -t unix -u
    ├─ 3819 /usr/libexec/postfix/master -w
    ├─ 3838 qmgr -l -t unix -u
    ├─ 4519 tlsmgr -l -t unix -u
    └─30802 pickup -l -t unix -u

    Apr 17 20:50:46 xxxxx postfix/smtp[32628]: connect to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.g...t
    Apr 17 20:50:46 xxxxx postfix/smtp[32628]: connect to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.g...e
    Apr 17 20:50:46 xxxxx postfix/smtp[32629]: connect to alt1.gmail-smtp-in.l.g...t
    Apr 17 20:50:46 xxxxx postfix/smtp[32629]: connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.g...e
    Apr 17 20:50:46 xxxxx postfix/smtp[32629]: B20CD1214F8: to=<[email protected])
    Apr 17 20:51:16 xxxxx postfix/smtp[32628]: connect to alt2.gmail-smtp-in.l.g...t
    Apr 17 20:51:16 xxxxx postfix/smtp[32628]: AD1B8121506: to=<[email protected])
    Apr 17 20:54:15 xxxxx postfix/smtpd[416]: connect from unknown[184.71.152.86]
    Apr 17 20:54:15 xxxxx postfix/smtpd[416]: warning: unknown[184.71.152.86]: S...m
    Apr 17 20:54:16 xxxxx postfix/smtpd[416]: disconnect from unknown[184.71.152.86]
    Hint: Some lines were ellipsized, use -l to show in full.
    [[email protected] ~]# netstat -lnp | grep 25
    tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN 3819/master
    tcp6 0 0 :::25 :::* LISTEN 3819/master
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 2599 1/init /run/systemd/private
    unix 2 [ ACC ] STREAM LISTENING 8025 3337/dovecot /var/run/dovecot/dns-client
    [[email protected]~]#

  • try cat /var/log/maillog

  • I've realized now
    Not working mail nowhere
    İ tested now with rainloop

  • @qtwrk said:
    try cat /var/log/maillog

    unfortunately the situation is the same

Sign In or Register to comment.
CyberPanel Discord

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!