CyberHosting

Is there a default ftp account just after the installation?

I see that after the installation, there is a default user/admin account with the password 1234567. I also found from one of the posts here that there is a default mySQL account (root) , but I didn't locate the ftp account. Rather, currently I have to add after I set a new or the first web site. The web domain's first 4 letters will become the prefix of the ftp account, say, mydo_ftp, sth. like this.

This is useful when I am a reseller or I do have a lot of web sites inside the panel, but it's a little bit frustrating and not that convenient when I just run one or two websites. Under such condition, I want to use the default mySQL root account to create a new database for my discussion board, and for wordpress, and only one ftp account, perhaps with a good-looking user name rather than doma_ftp like username so I don't have to log off one ftp account and switch to another to manage two web sites.

Comments

• On a default installation, there is no default FTP account created.

I understood your point, but this was done to eventually avoid name collisions even you have a single user managing the server, but you have a point.

I will consider this as a feature request though.

• @usmannasir said:
    On a default installation, there is no default FTP account created.

I understood your point, but this was done to eventually avoid name collisions even you have a single user managing the server, but you have a point.

I will consider this as a feature request though.

Thank you, usmannasir, for your reply. I understand now. And also thank you for your continuous efforts into the development of the panel.