Install IonCube loader on OpenLiteSpeed!

For PHP 5.3, 5.4, 5.5, 5.6 you can install ioncube loader directly from CyberPanel using this guide: http://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=php-extensions

For PHP 7.0 and above you manually need to install ioncube loader.

Download Ioncube loader

wget https://downloads.ioncube.com/loader_downloads/ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.zip
unzip ioncube_loaders_lin_x86-64.zip

Copy extension to respective PHP versions

PHP 7.0

cp ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so /usr/local/lsws/lsphp70/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so

PHP 7.1

cp ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so /usr/local/lsws/lsphp71/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so

PHP 7.2

cp ioncube/ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so /usr/local/lsws/lsphp72/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so

Create configuration files

PHP 7.0

echo "zend_extension = /usr/local/lsws/lsphp70/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.0.so" \
    > '/usr/local/lsws/lsphp70/etc/php.d/00-ioncube.ini'

PHP 7.1

echo "zend_extension = /usr/local/lsws/lsphp71/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.1.so" \
    > '/usr/local/lsws/lsphp71/etc/php.d/00-ioncube.ini'

PHP 7.2

echo "zend_extension = /usr/local/lsws/lsphp72/lib64/php/modules/ioncube_loader_lin_7.2.so" \
    > '/usr/local/lsws/lsphp72/etc/php.d/00-ioncube.ini'

Restart OpenLiteSpeed and you are good:

systemctl restart lsws

Have a good day.

Comments

• If I am only running static page website, plus a small forum, phpBB, I don't have to install this ioncube?

• @baoang said:
    If I am only running static page website, plus a small forum, phpBB, I don't have to install this ioncube?

You need this extension if your application depends on it.

• Can you add ioncube to the extentions section on the panel so that we can install them with one single click?
  • Can you add ioncube to the extentions section on the panel so that we can install them with one single click?

Up to PHP 5.6, it is available via PHP Extension section, for later PHP versions as soon as RPM package is available, will make it available through extension section.