CyberHosting

Module:Cache Error

I'm guessing this is important judging by all the exclamation points. I keep seeing this in the error log when i visit visceralsound.ca

"...[ERROR]... [Module:Cache] vary request header "Origin" not defined!!!!!!!!"

It's a wordpress site running the LS Cache plugin. I'm getting the impression that it's slow to load on first visit, as if it wasn't using a cached version at all.

Any ideas?
Tagged:
Tagged:

Comments

• it slow on first view because it hits the backend , not from cache.

I can not reproduce the issue on default WP, could you please DM me your site URL ?
  • The problem appears to be with the Contact page. It's either the Contact Form 7 hooks that load its JS and CSS, or less likely, something with ReCaptcha. Still investigating....
  • Okay I cleared it up, no more error. It had to do with where I enqueued the contact form's JS and CSS files.

If any random google search visitor finds themself here, here's what's working for me:
    - unload the two files inside functions.php
    - define a new function whose job it is to load them in
    - call that function in your template file for your Contact page

See https://contactform7.com/loading-javascript-and-stylesheet-only-when-it-is-necessary/
  • I was wrong! It seems that the error actually comes from some sort of cache-busting(?) method that Contact Form 7 tries to call through JS.

Inside CF7s scripts.js, you'll see

if ( wpcf7.cached ) {
    wpcf7.refill( $form );
    }

This refill method is what results in a 500 error on the page when it's called. The method itself seems to use the Ajax setRequestHeader() method via jQuery. Inside of the response headers I can see "Vary: Origin", and that might explain the OLS error message in the initial post.

So thanks to a bit of searching, my 'solution' is to modify the scripts.js file and changed the .cached property:

if ( wpcf7.cached ) {
    wpcf7.cached = 0;
    }

The form works fine and I no longer get the 500 error or the error message in my log.
  • Did you enable features like CSS/JS combine|minify|defer/async ? these feature might be messing with CF7's script