Network Manager — CyberPanel - WebHosting Control Panel for OpenLiteSpeed
CyberLoader

Network Manager

Hi all, if we disable Network Manager in Centos 7 as per CyberPanel guides, how can we add a second IP address to Centos 7 so that we can assign it to the relevent listener in OLS Webadmin? The reason I need to do this is to assign a website a dedicated IP address. Thanks in advance for any help.

Comments

• I have got as far as adding the IP address in Centos 7 by: -
    Editing /etc/sysconfig/network-scripts/ifcfg-eth0 by adding:
    IPADDR1="xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx"
    Then restarting Network Service:
    systemctl restart network.service

I ran ip addr which shows that the second IP is there, but when I go into OLS webadmin I cannot see the ip address in the Listeners > Add > IP Address dropdown. This is the list: ANY, 127.0.0.1, xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx, [ANY] IPv6, [::1], [::FFFF:xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx]

Note: I have put the main internal IP address of the server as xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx.

Can anyone please tell me if I setup the second IP wrong in Centos or if I need to do something else in OLS webadmin?
  • if you run "ip a"

you see the new IP in result ?
  • I got it working. I needed to make a copy of the ifcfg-eth0 file called ifcfg-eth0:1. The copied file should include the new IP. Then restart the server.