Hi, this guide will show you how to setup OpenLiteSpeed as reverse proxy server.
In this example , I will use backend.cyberpanel.net as back-end , and reverse.cyberpanel.net as front-end.
1. First of all , test both domains are working
2. Now go to External App , create a new external app type "Web Server"
3. Let's call it "Backend" , this name will be used in later step.
In this case , it's same machine , so it is 127.0.0.1 , if it's different server , you can set public IP , if backend is HTTPS , remember add https://
4. Now create a context, type "Proxy", set URI to /
5. Since it's different domain , you also have to pass hostname for backend to accept request.
RewriteRule ^/(.*)$ http://backend/$1 [P,E=Proxy-Host:backend.cyberpanel.net]
note: backend is the name you created in step 3, and backend.cyberpanel.net is our back-end domain.
6. Now let's restart OpenLiteSpeed and test it.