I'm looking for a straightforward tutorial on the steps to create a working rainloop email account from start-to-finish for a domain created in cyberpanel. I'm also using cloudflare on the domain if that significantly changes anything. So far, I figured that I need to:
- create a site in cyberpanel (check)
- create an email in cyberpanel (check)
- (maybe) create a nameserver for my domain from within cyberpanel (check)
- copy the mx record over to cloudflare (but not necessarily my DNS provider - check)
- ensure ports 25 or 587 are not being blocked by cyberpanel, my VPS provider, or cloudflare (check)
This did not work.
I then decided to attempt setting up a 3rd-party SMTP provider to see if that would work - and also I figured I needed to set that up to allow wordpress to send notifications to users, since that wasn't working either.
- create an account at mailgun (check)
- copy over the mailgun mx and txt records to cloudflare (check)
- verify my domain at mailgun (check)
- create an SMTP host in cyberpanel, mysite > manage (check)
no go. After doing all this I get the following errors from mxtoolbox.com:
- dmarc mysite.com DNS Record not found
- smtp mail.mysite.com Failed To Connect
- smtp mail.mysite.com Problem getting IP Address for mail.mysite.com
- mx mysite.com No DMARC Record found
- mx mysite.com DMARC Quarantine/Reject policy not enabled
- dns mysite.com SOA Serial Number Format is Invalid
- dns mysite.com SOA Expire Value out of recommended range
- smtp mxb.mailgun.org Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner
- smtp mxa.mailgun.org Reverse DNS does not match SMTP Banner
After this, I second helloswant's request for a good tutorial on how to set up a working email account in a fresh install of cyberpanel! I've been pouring over the resource section to find a solution but the perspective of the tutorials is very narrow to specific steps, seemingly assuming that the reader knows what to do on the whole. In reality, I'm coming from a shared hosting provider and never had to deal with anything beyond adding mx records to my DNS account and determining what the mail server address is to copy/paste into the mail client on my phone and desktop.
I don't actually know if I even need to do anything on the server first, or if I needed to sign up for mailgun at all, or if I can just configure the mail server on cyberpanel to send out wordpress notifications through the [email protected]
account once that's working properly, or if all I need is some simple wordpress plugin that will do everything for me. I can tell cyberpanel comes with a learning curve but I don't know why there isn't a proper tutorial to do this basic first step from beginning to end...