CyberHosting

Strong Passwords

I notice CP allows passwords that are not strong, this is a problem.
Please consider ensuring only Strong passwords are used for all accounts, mailboxes, databases, ftp etc.
iStartCloud.com

Comments

• set a strong password yourself?
    Cyberpanel Managed & Unmanaged Shared & VPS Hosting by Cyberpanel Experts.

https://www.cyberhosting.org
  • edited April 21
    @hennaboy
    Of course, we can put strong passwords, BUT, and say BUT we need to have the possibility to ENFORCE that all users use strong passwords.

Man, we all know that normal user does not look to have a strong password, if they can put their name, for sure will put that password. And we NEED to enforce this.
  • There is no use to have a nice panel and a good server solution if it's not secure enough to be used in real life.
  • What policy you have for your clients is your own. What you NEED is what you NEED perhaps not what everyone else needs!
    Cyberpanel Managed & Unmanaged Shared & VPS Hosting by Cyberpanel Experts.

https://www.cyberhosting.org
  • edited April 22
    @hennaboy, It's not about my policy here, I doubt that anybody is happy with low passwords in their servers.
    In my years of experience with final users, I learned that they all are haters of strong passwords. Some are not aware of the importance of strong passwords or do not give importance to passwords and if they can put 1234 as a password, for sure they put it like that.
    And this is not a good thing. For this reason, WHM has a global setting for passwords.
    I'm not writing here to have contradictory discussions with anyone, as probably other people here I would like to use my knowledge, to help that CyberPanel to become a better and more complete solution.
  • > @chiareu said:
    > Some are not aware of the importance of strong passwords or do not give importance to passwords and if they can put 1234 as a password, for sure they put it like that.

Sad but true!

Enforcing strong passwords would be a handy thing to have.
    S-4.host - Sustainable, Secure, Speedy and Stable WP hosting built on Litespeed Ent. and Cyberpanel