Migrated website from Nginx and getting 404s — CyberPanel - WebHosting Control Panel for OpenLiteSpeed
CyberHosting

Migrated website from Nginx and getting 404s

Hi, I just installed CyberPanel on a new server, and I added a new domain. I installed WordPress using the script, and then installed updraft plus to import a backup of a website that was on a Nginx server. All the data is there properly, and I saved the permalinks, but I am getting 404 error on all pages except for the home page.

What can I do to fix this?

Also, are there any recommended security practices to secure a new CyberPanel installation?

Thanks!!
Tagged:
Tagged:

Comments

• edited April 2020
    I rebooted my server and somehow it is working now.

Any info on my second question?
    Also, are there any recommended security practices to secure a new CyberPanel installation?
  • You were getting 404 because you are using OLS and it htaccess change doesn't take effect before you reboot your litespeed server. Next time only restart ls service.

And for security you can limit ssh to your ip if you have a static one, remove password login from ssh, mod security rules, etc.
  • Thanks for your reply! I didn't realize I needed to restart for the changes to apply.
    If I remove password login from ssh, how will I log into Cyber Panel?
    Are there any tutorials on setting up mod security rules?

Thanks a lot!