how to pass the SpammAssassin test for rDNS — CyberPanel - WebHosting Control Panel for OpenLiteSpeed
CyberLoader

how to pass the SpammAssassin test for rDNS

I have configured my rDNS for IPV4 on my VPS at vultr.
When I do an rDNS test using mxtoolbox it effectively shows me my domain instead of 1.0.0.0.vultr.com

The problem I have is that I cannot pass the SpammAssassin test using the email verification service at https://www.mail-tester.com/

The strange thing is that it only happens to me with section SpammAssassin because in another part of the test it tells me that I am fully authenticated and it indicates that my rDNS points to my domain.

What did I miss? Will I also have to configure IPV6 on my VPS for pass this test? Or is it because I haven't waited long enough for the changes to be reflected?

Thank you very much.

Comments

• edited August 2020
    Update:
    I think it was just wait for the rDNS to fully propagate because now it passed the SpammAssassin validation for rDNS.

Another thing I did but I don't know if it was necessary (if someone wants to implement it) is to add the "_adsp._domainkey.example.com" record TXT with parameter dkim = all to your DNS zone

According this it is to pass the test on SpammAssassin that says "DKIM_SIGNED"

Then you can try sending an email to "[email protected]" and it should return the validation of the DNS record that you previously configured in your DNS zone