Mailscanner problems — CyberPanel - WebHosting Control Panel for OpenLiteSpeed
CyberLoader

Mailscanner problems

how can i disable mailscanner? I like remove mailscanner cyberpanel. How to? Thanks.

Comments

• I have cyberpanel 2.0.2 and I install it through the panel, but it is a problem changing labels to emails, deleting attachments and I cannot configure it. I would like to deactivate or eliminate it and that postfix and dovecot work without that filter. Thank you
  • You need to:
    Remove MailScanner via yum
    yum remove MailScanner

2. revert the configs to the backups created when you have installed Mailscanner
    /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
    /etc/postfix/master.cf
    /etc/postfix/main.cf
    /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
    /etc/postfix/header-checks (remove the line /^Received:/ HOLD at the bottom of the file)

In file devecot sieve (/etc/dovecot/sieve/default.sieve), remove:
    require "fileinto";
    if header :contains "X-Spam-Flag" "YES" {
    fileinto "INBOX.Junk E-mail";
    }

3. rm -rf /usr/local/CyberCP/public/mailwatch
    remove also /etc/MailScanner and /usr/share/MailScanner directory

4. Restart devecot and postfix
  • I installed it through the cyberpanel ui and it tells me that it does not exist when doing the yum remove
  • Yes, it is installed through the cyberpanel interface. I will also try more carefully in case the capital letters or something does not put them well in the remove.
    What I do not know if the previous configurations existed, do you still know what lines should be eliminated in those files? since in the others you have specified it to me header-checks and sieve.

In these others do you know what lines would be?

/etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
    /etc/postfix/master.cf
    /etc/postfix/main.cf
    /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext

Thank you.
  • It too bad that you don't have uninstall for things you have install in Cyberpanel interface.
  • This has all of our email down. I have a paid litespeed server and can not get response to our ticket. so as of now we are shut down for 3 days now.
  • if mailscanner Is going to shut down email service and from what I read it does, why the f have it as an option to turn on?
  • Why no uninstall? this is terrible.
  • > @Copernic said:

> 2. revert the configs to the backups created when you have installed Mailscanner
    > /etc/dovecot/dovecot.conf
    > /etc/postfix/master.cf
    > /etc/postfix/main.cf
    > /etc/dovecot/dovecot-sql.conf.ext
    > /etc/postfix/header-checks (remove the line /^Received:/ HOLD at the bottom of the file)
    >

Where would I find the backups created when Mailscanner was installed?
  • In case anyone finds this thread and is looking for the answer, the backup files are located in the same directories, suffixed by -bak and a timestamp.