Set public_html to 750 folder permissions — CyberPanel - WebHosting Control Panel for OpenLiteSpeed
CyberLoader

Set public_html to 750 folder permissions

Hello,
I have moved Wordpres files in /home/mydomain/public_html but if I set /public_html to 750 then I receive 404 error.

So I set it to 755. What do you suggest please? How can I set it safely to 750

p.s.: Is there a way to globaly fix safe file/folders permissions?

Thanks!

Comments

• Hello, please advise.
  • Could be a file/directory permission-ownership mismatch, especially if you transferred in the WP files using root.

Read articles such as this: https://linuxhandbook.com/linux-file-permissions/ *first* to understand more.

cd into home, and then ls -l, and make a note of the username and groupname for 'mydomain'.

Then cd into mydomain, and then ls -l, and make a note of the username and groupname of public_html. The username should be the same as that for home, but the group name should be 'nobody'. This is where the 404 occurs if not 'nobody' I think.

Then cd into public_html, and then ls -l, and all the file users and groups should be the username and groupname set for home.

Then exit and report back with what you find.
  • I did not asked about username. Everything is under the right username account. The problem is in /home/mydomain/public_html but if I set /public_html to 750 then I receive 404 error.

I had already checked the documentation you sent. Thank you so much for your response.