Email forwarding — CyberPanel - WebHosting Control Panel for OpenLiteSpeed
CyberLoader

Email forwarding

Hi,

I have a problem with the email forwarding, more like I do not know how to configure Dovecot to do what I want.

Per my understanding the first look up of mails that dovecot does is look up for local domains. So using CF7 in WordPress, if I put a destination email with a domain that is in CyberPanel then Dovecot does not forward the email and I get an error in the logs as:

Jan 19 11:30:12 vmi324675 postfix/pipe[797491]: 7294A821D3B: to=<[email protected]>, relay=dovecot, delay=0.02, delays=0/0/0/0.02, dsn=5.1.1, status=bounced (user unknown)

How do I make, so postfix or dovecot ignores all the local emails and always tries to deliver to the "outside"?

I need this functionality as all my email handling is done in Gsuite, so all I need is the contact forms in the websites.

Also, another issue I have that I do not understand is that continuosly I get this message in the Email logs:

Jan 19 11:35:11 vmi324675 dovecot: imap-login: Aborted login (auth failed, 1 attempts in 2 secs): user=<[email protected]>, method=PLAIN, rip=xxxxxxx, lip=xxxxxxx, TLS, session=<xxxxxxxx>

Where is this IMAP login attempt happening?

Thank you very much, so far CyberPanel is great.