CyberPanel 1.7 RC - Email Limits - SpamAssassin - CLI - Rewrite Context - Email Forwarding!

edited October 7 in Updates
Hello Everyone!

Note: This is a release candidate, and an upgrade will not work, only perform fresh installs and run tests.

I am glad to announce that CyberPanel 1.7 RC is now ready to install and test, this brings a lot of features and bug fixes. This thread summarizes the features this update brings.

Single MySQL Instance Version

Earlier CyberPanel installs 2 MySQL instances by default. One instance of MySQL was dedicated to CyberPanel and other for normal websites. This was a good feature but requires more ram.

We now have two installation version, a user can choose (allowed to select during the installation process) according to their needs. If you choose two MySQL instance version you should be having more ram on your server.

Command Line Interface

With this upgrade, we now have most of the CyberPanel functionality available via command line interface. This can help programmers/developers to do add-ons/custom features in the language of their choice.

This also helps people who love to work with a terminal.

Read the documentation for more information regarding this feature:

https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=cli

Email Limits

Email limit is one of the exciting features of this update, CyberPanel now has its own email policy server listening at port 1089. With this feature, you can put hourly/monthly limit to an email account. This helps in stopping email spam in case you are handling email for your clients.

You can also enable/disable email logs. Read the documentation for more information:

https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=email-limits

SpamAssassin

We now have SpamAssassin to stop incoming email spam, read more:

https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=spamassassin

Email Forwarding

Email forwarding was the most requested feature, Email Forwarding is now possible, read more at:

https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=email-forwarding

Virtual Enviroment

Recently we've had some issues with yum updates, however, CyberPanel will now run inside its own virtual environment, which ensures that any system-wide package upgrades do not effect CyberPanel.

Rewrite Rules

This is one of the most notable and important changes regarding rewrite rules from Apache to OpenLiteSpeed. Earlier it was very difficult for end users to convert rewrite rules from Apache to OpenLiteSpeed even though the difference was very slight.

However, with slight configuration changes (end user need not do anything on their end), you can now directly copy your Apache rules to CyberPanel rewrite rules box, without needed to change your rewrite rules.

That's a big relief. :)

File Manager

Earlier File Manager had some limitation, if you have read an earlier thread, you should know that you can not use catch-all rewrite rule (will disrupt the functionality of CyberPanel). However, you can now use any sort of rewrite rules and this will not disrupt the functionality of File Manager.


Display Errors


Earlier when you enable display errors for PHP, File Manager stopped working, which has also been fixed with this update.


Upload Limit


Upload limit for File Manager is now globally set to 200MB irrespective of your local PHP upload limit.

OpenLiteSpeed 1.4.33

OpenLiteSpeed 1.4.33 is also released with new features and bug fixes, read more at https://openlitespeed.org/release-log/version-1-4-x/

Installation

Install using the below command:

sh <(curl https://mirror.cyberpanel.net/install-test.sh || wget -O - https://mirror.cyberpanel.net/install-test.sh)

Upgrade

There is beta-upgrade script available for people wanting to convert from 1.6.x to 1.7.x

Run this script and you should be successfully upgraded to 1.7, since this is a beta upgrade, if you find any issues please report below:
rm -f upgrade.py
wget https://cyberpanel.net/upgrade.py
python upgrade.py
Don't forget to clear your browser cache after successful upgrade.

Comments

  • I got version 1.6 installed, Can I upgrade to this later?
    Single MySQL Instance Version
    Earlier CyberPanel installs 2 MySQL instances by default. One instance of MySQL was dedicated to CyberPanel and other for normal websites. This was a good feature but requires more ram.

    We now have two installation version, a user can choose (allowed to select during the installation process) according to their needs. If you choose two MySQL instance version you should be having more ram on your server.
  • RoldanLT said:

    I got version 1.6 installed, Can I upgrade to this later?

    Single MySQL Instance Version
    Earlier CyberPanel installs 2 MySQL instances by default. One instance of MySQL was dedicated to CyberPanel and other for normal websites. This was a good feature but requires more ram.

    We now have two installation version, a user can choose (allowed to select during the installation process) according to their needs. If you choose two MySQL instance version you should be having more ram on your server.
    You can upgrade to 1.7 later, but for single instance version, you need to do a fresh install.
  • Installing this version now, and I selected single database instance & MariaDB 10.3 (menu 4), and it is now supported by Cyberpanel?
  • RoldanLT said:

    Installing this version now, and I selected single database instance & MariaDB 10.3 (menu 4), and it is now supported by Cyberpanel?

    Yes.
  • hi together

    how can i install this test version if i am running 1.6.4 right now ? If i try it using the command ant the end of this thread it says u already installed Cyberpanel in the installer.
  • finneus said:

    hi together

    how can i install this test version if i am running 1.6.4 right now ? If i try it using the command ant the end of this thread it says u already installed Cyberpanel in the installer.

    This is a release candidate, and an upgrade will not work, only perform fresh installs and run tests.

    But if you still want to run this in production you can download from https://cyberpanel.net/CyberPanelTemp.tar.gz

    The further process is similar to https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/85/how-to-manually-upgrade-downgrade-cyberpanel

  • finneus said:

    hi together

    how can i install this test version if i am running 1.6.4 right now ? If i try it using the command ant the end of this thread it says u already installed Cyberpanel in the installer.

    This is a release candidate, and an upgrade will not work, only perform fresh installs and run tests.

    But if you still want to run this in production you can download from https://cyberpanel.net/CyberPanelTemp.tar.gz

    The further process is similar to https://forums.cyberpanel.net/discussion/85/how-to-manually-upgrade-downgrade-cyberpanel

    okay thanks
  • edited July 9
    bug:
    CentOs 7.5 last (with update)
    Clean install, one database, mariadb 10.3;


    Could Not Connect to server. Please refresh this page
  • gemuz said:

    bug:
    CentOs 7.5 last (with update)
    Clean install, one database, mariadb 10.3;


    Could Not Connect to server. Please refresh this page

    Going to run tests.
  • Thanks for for your hard work... Will test this rc version too :)
  • szkuta said:

    Thanks for for your hard work... Will test this rc version too :)

    Feel free to report any bugs. :)
  • Hi,
    After doing update, I got a 503 error.

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "manage.py", line 22, in
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 363, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 337, in execute
    django.setup()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/__init__.py", line 27, in setup
    apps.populate(settings.INSTALLED_APPS)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/apps/registry.py", line 85, in populate
    app_config = AppConfig.create(entry)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/apps/config.py", line 94, in create
    module = import_module(entry)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
    ImportError: No module named emailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremium
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "upgradeBeta.py", line 462, in
    Upgrade.upgrade()
    File "upgradeBeta.py", line 391, in upgrade
    res = subprocess.check_output(command, shell=True)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 575, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'echo 'ALTER TABLE e_forwardings DROP PRIMARY KEY;ALTER TABLE e_forwardings ADD id INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY;' | python manage.py dbshell' returned non-zero exit status 1
  • tomoaki said:

    Hi,
    After doing update, I got a 503 error.

    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "manage.py", line 22, in
    execute_from_command_line(sys.argv)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 363, in execute_from_command_line
    utility.execute()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/core/management/__init__.py", line 337, in execute
    django.setup()
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/__init__.py", line 27, in setup
    apps.populate(settings.INSTALLED_APPS)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/apps/registry.py", line 85, in populate
    app_config = AppConfig.create(entry)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/site-packages/django/apps/config.py", line 94, in create
    module = import_module(entry)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/importlib/__init__.py", line 37, in import_module
    __import__(name)
    ImportError: No module named emailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremiumemailPremium
    Traceback (most recent call last):
    File "upgradeBeta.py", line 462, in
    Upgrade.upgrade()
    File "upgradeBeta.py", line 391, in upgrade
    res = subprocess.check_output(command, shell=True)
    File "/usr/lib64/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 575, in check_output
    raise CalledProcessError(retcode, cmd, output=output)
    subprocess.CalledProcessError: Command 'echo 'ALTER TABLE e_forwardings DROP PRIMARY KEY;ALTER TABLE e_forwardings ADD id INT AUTO_INCREMENT PRIMARY KEY;' | python manage.py dbshell' returned non-zero exit status 1

    https://docs.cyberpanel.net/doku.php?id=upgrade
  • Thank you!
    After all, I reinstalled.
    I still want to spread it because there are few users in Japan.

  • tomoaki said:

    Thank you!

    After all, I reinstalled.
    I still want to spread it because there are few users in Japan.

    thank you.
  • edited July 20
    Sory, solved :)
    @usmannasir any suggestion?
  • Sory, solved :)
    @usmannasir any suggestion?

    Sorry?
  • how to uninstall spamassassin CP1.7 ?
  • how to uninstall spamassassin CP1.7 ?

    yum remove spamassassin -y

    Then open:

    /etc/postfix/master.cf

    Remove

    -o content_filter=spamassassin

    and

    spamassassin unix - n n - - pipe flags=R user=spamd argv=/usr/bin/spamc -e /usr/sbin/sendmail -oi -f ${sender} ${recipient}
  • @usmannasir @litespeedtech I want to congratulate the whole team to make available to all a panel that nothing should envy, openlitespeed is an incredible solution, it works fast, without complications of php, its speed and support of http2 is impressive, the advance of this panel is incredible I hope Follow free and we can all contribute to improve even more.

    Successes
  • @usmannasir @litespeedtech I want to congratulate the whole team to make available to all a panel that nothing should envy, openlitespeed is an incredible solution, it works fast, without complications of php, its speed and support of http2 is impressive, the advance of this panel is incredible I hope Follow free and we can all contribute to improve even more.

    Successes

    Thanks for the feedback, you are a long time user of this forum :)
  • @usmannasir @litespeedtech I want to congratulate the whole team to make available to all a panel that nothing should envy, openlitespeed is an incredible solution, it works fast, without complications of php, its speed and support of http2 is impressive, the advance of this panel is incredible I hope Follow free and we can all contribute to improve even more.

    Successes

    Agree with, i have tested premium panels like Plesk and cPanel and CyberPanel do not need to envy nothing from them. It is simple, easy to use, and best for me very fast with the openlitespeed and the LScache.
  • edited August 6


    hello version 1.7 have problems when i upgraded my cyber panel crashed. websites working. after i installed new centos and cyberpanel same problem, panel not working. 503


    how can i install 1.6.4 this version best version. ?


    Service Unavailable

    gunicorn not working.
    systemctl start gunicorn.socket
    Job for gunicorn.socket failed. See "systemctl status gunicorn.socket" and "journalctl -xe" for details.

    ------------
    -- Unit gunicorn.socket has begun starting up.
    ESCOD
    Aug 06 22:51:55 localhost.localdomain sudo[17041]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule=ru
    Aug 06 22:51:55 localhost.localdomain sudo[17043]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --reload
    Aug 06 22:51:56 localhost.localdomain sudo[17079]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule=ru
    Aug 06 22:51:56 localhost.localdomain sudo[17081]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --reload
    Aug 06 22:51:57 localhost.localdomain sudo[17117]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule=ru
    Aug 06 22:51:58 localhost.localdomain sudo[17119]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --reload
    Aug 06 22:51:58 localhost.localdomain sudo[17155]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule=ru
    Aug 06 22:51:59 localhost.localdomain sudo[17157]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --reload
    Aug 06 22:52:00 localhost.localdomain sudo[17193]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-rich-rule=ru
    Aug 06 22:52:00 localhost.localdomain sudo[17195]: root : TTY=pts/0 ; PWD=/usr/local/lscp/cyberpanel ; USER=root ; COMMAND=/bin/firewall-cmd --reload
    Aug 06 22:52:01 localhost.localdomain polkitd[16638]: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-process:17232:96532 (system bus name :1.34 [/usr/bin/pkttyagent --notify-fd 5 --fallback], obj
    Aug 06 22:52:01 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/lscpd.service:8] Failed to parse service restart specifier, ignoring: /usr/local/lscp/bin/lscpdctrl restart
    Aug 06 22:52:01 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Reloading.
    Aug 06 22:52:01 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: [/etc/systemd/system/lscpd.service:8] Failed to parse service restart specifier, ignoring: /usr/local/lscp/bin/lscpdctrl restart
    Aug 06 22:52:01 localhost.localdomain polkitd[16638]: Unregistered Authentication Agent for unix-process:17232:96532 (system bus name :1.34, object path /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authenti
    Aug 06 22:52:01 localhost.localdomain polkitd[16638]: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-process:17249:96541 (system bus name :1.35 [/usr/bin/pkttyagent --notify-fd 5 --fallback], obj
    Aug 06 22:52:01 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Starting LSCPD Daemon...
    ---------------



    Unit lscpd.service has finished starting up.
    --
    -- The start-up result is done.
    Aug 06 22:52:03 localhost.localdomain polkitd[16638]: Unregistered Authentication Agent for unix-process:17249:96541 (system bus name :1.35, object path /org/freedesktop/PolicyKit1/Authenti
    Aug 06 22:54:09 localhost.localdomain polkitd[16638]: Registered Authentication Agent for unix-process:17344:109392 (system bus name :1.36 [/usr/bin/pkttyagent --notify-fd 5 --fallback], ob
    Aug 06 22:54:09 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: gunicorn.socket failed to listen on sockets: No such file or directory
    Aug 06 22:54:09 localhost.localdomain systemd[1]: Failed to listen on gunicorn socket.
    -- Subject: Unit gunicorn.socket has failed
  • i reinstalled server 3 times but always i getting issues.
    The most big problem
    SELINUX

    Disable SELINUX Before all installs or updates for cyberpanel.
  • emrah said:

    i reinstalled server 3 times but always i getting issues.
    The most big problem
    SELINUX

    Disable SELINUX Before all installs or updates for cyberpanel.

    Yes, SELINUX needs to be disabled.
Sign In or Register to comment.
Support CyberPanel CyberPanel Discord

Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!