How to stop SSL on sub-domains trying to issue "www." variant? — CyberPanel - WebHosting Control Panel for OpenLiteSpeed
CyberHosting

How to stop SSL on sub-domains trying to issue "www." variant?

When creating a web site on a subdomain (e.g., subd.primarydomain.zzz) it is not possible to issue an SSL certificate. The request to made by acme.sh will be for two variants of the domain. Namely, "subd.primarydomain.zzz" and "www.subd.primarydomain.zzz" which obviously does not exist.

I can manually run the acme.sh command, without the "www" version of the sub-domain, and that will work. But when it comes time for the SSL to renew, I suspect it's going to again try to renew it with the "www." version of the sub-domain.

How do I stop that from happening?
Tagged:
Tagged:

Comments

• edited February 28
    The Easiest Way To Secure Multi-level Sub domains. One of the most complicated issues facing larger companies.
  • Type your comment> @Goodwi1n said:
    > The Easiest Way To Secure Multi-level Sub domains. One of the most complicated issues facing larger companies.

Hi Goodwi1n. Sorry, but I have no idea what your reply is attempting to convey.
  • Is there really no way around this issue? No thoughts on workarounds and solutions? Is it going to be addressed as future iterations of CP ?
  • edited May 13
    Just create a DNS record pointing www.mydomain.net to mydomain.net?

Should be able to issue SSL for www. then.
    S-4.host - Sustainable, Secure, Speedy and Stable WP hosting built on Litespeed Ent. and Cyberpanel
  • Okay. Thanks for the suggestion.

More exactly (as per my example in the question)... I'd set up a DNS record pointing www.subd.primarydomain.zzz to subd.primarydomain.zzz

Correct?
  • Is this something that will be resolved in a future release?
    I see it's still required to do a workaround for the forced addition of WWW.
    I suggest having an option to opt-out of the WWW addition.